Rule the World!
Long ago, I found this four point formula by Lao Tzu for Ruling the World. If one takes calm look at this he will find the profoundness & simplicity of this advocacy remarkable.
Here are the four points and my take on how can one implement the four points…
- Be sincere in your thoughts
- Speak only the truth, doesn’t matter what the consequences are. Build skills to tone down the harshness of the truth that affects feelings of others.
- Make commitments with enough care. Consider what you can do and what you can’t!
- Persist and deliver what you committed. There is more happiness in meeting the commitment than the subsequent outcomes that arise out of your meeting the commitment
- Investigate things
- Ask “Why” as well as “Why not” before doing anything
- Think Long term. Don’t act as if there is no tomorrow, believe in the law of harvesting, What goes around will certainly come around.
- Function, and not Form is important in most things.
- Discipline Self
- Write your goals, figure out the actions needed to achieve each goal and schedule them diligently
- Make sure there is time set up for each action you want to do, ensure that it is done in that time slot
- Happiness is your real goal, never forget it!
- Manage your family well
- Spend quality time, at the right frequency
- Avoid display of anger, lavish praise on people
- Set and manage expectations of people well.